Volunteer Job Description:
Volunteers needed for the Toddler Room: Do you love spending time with the littlest members of God’s family? BGC Kids Ministry is looking for volunteers for our Toddler room on Sunday mornings! Volunteers are responsible for caring for toddlers during service hours, teaching them about God while engaging them with fun toys, books, and activities! If you think you’d be a good fit for our Toddler ministry, please reach out to [email protected] or tap the button below to apply! (Volunteers must pass a background check and attend a short training before working in the Toddler Room.)
Volunteers needed for Discovery Preschool: If you love to teach God’s Word to bright, shining faces, look no further than Discovery Preschool! Preschool teachers will teach a modified version of the weekly curriculum, which will be available for you at least a week in advance so you can familiarize yourself with the content. Teach the Word, lead a fun craft, and delight in the JOY Jesus brings to His youngest followers. Our preschool program is growing and we need YOU! (Volunteers must pass a background check and attend training before beginning teaching.)
Purpose: To teach children about the Savior, who He is, who He can be to them and help them grow in faith. “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6, ESV).
Roles & Responsibilities:
Discovery In person worship – Every Sunday 10-11:30am
- Check In – Assist members with check-in of children and youth for worship service utilizing an ipad and android tablet.
- Small Group Leaders – Lead discussions, group activities and crafts while providing guidance, support and graciously managing behavioral dynamics.
- AV – Set up computer, projector, and monitor.
- Worship Leaders – An individual who leads the children in worship, praise, and expressions of thanksgiving to God through song, dancing and clapping.
- Event planners – Working collaboratively with a team of people creating experiences and bringing visions to life.
Requirements to Serve:
- Have a heart and passion for children!
- Background check
- Training for each position happens while serving. You will be able to shadow another volunteer in the role in which you are interested.
- Virtual children’s church is held every 3rd and 5th Sunday and the planning meeting is held the Thursday prior to that Sunday.
- Check-in monitors
- Small group leaders
- Worship leaders
- Curriculum writers
- Event planners