Volunteer Job Description:
Ministry Purpose: To support cancer survivors and families as they go through the cancer journey.
Scripture Foundation: “May the God of hope, fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 NIV)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lay ministers to help support families by connecting through prayer, inquiring about needs, sending cards, calls, text messages, etc.
- Support to assist with taking notes during ministry meetings, updating contact information for families, sending ministry email communications, and other administrative tasks.
- Event Planner, Content Creatives, Project Managers
- Shopper to purchase gifts, supplies, and other items as needed
Requirements to serve:
- Heart for God
- Heart for people
- Complete on-line ministry training
- Have a pleasant demeanor
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy towards others
- Commitment to serve
- 1-hour monthly ministry meeting
- Varies based on needs of family, upcoming events, and based on volunteer availability