Volunteer Job Description:
Purpose: To grow spiritually you have to be connected spiritually. Our Life Groups are small groups created to help members Grow deeper, together, in their relationship with God, thus strengthening their relationship in community with one another.
- Discipleship We help people know Jesus intimately and follow Jesus closely because Jesus transforms lives (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Authenticity We foster authenticity by providing a safe space for people to be honest, and by modeling integrity because God desires those who worship him “in spirit and in truth (John 4:24-25).”
- Belonging We make people feel like they are a part of the family by embracing them as such because community reflects the image of God.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Commit to serving through the end of the calendar year
- Take the lead role in setting the agenda for the group
- Submit all curriculum for approval, including changes to the original proposal
- Attend monthly one-on-one check ins with the Director of Ministries
- Make myself available for continued training
- Address issues/conflicts directly with an individual(s) involved. This includes church leadership
- Cultivate my own relationship with God through regular prayer and Bible study
- Notify life group members of unavoidable changes to the schedule
- Work to identify and develop an apprentice
- Refer questions about church leadership, doctrine to the Minister of Discipleship