Living to Serve
Volunteer Job Description
Ministry: Prayer Ministry
Team Lead: Angeline Roberts
Volunteer Job Description:
Scripture Foundation: “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.” Ephesians 1:17-18
The goals of the Prayer Ministry are:
- Learn how to effectively petition God using His Word.
- Encourage and teach intercessory prayer in the Body of Christ
- Promote a Spirit of Unity and Cooperation by praying for others and the BGC Church Family
- Prayer hosts are needed to lead the 6am and 6pm daily prayer calls Monday-Friday. Training is provided.
- Prayer warriors to join the ministry to support specific prayer needs being lifted by the ministry.
The mission of the Prayer Ministry is “that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.” Ephesians 1:17-18
- 20 minutes for Prayer Call when leading (this does not include any preparatory time that maybe needed)
- 1 hour for Prayer Meeting/Training
Spiritual Gifts that align to this need are listed below. You may have one or more of these gifts which may contribute to your being a good addition to the team.
- Encouragement – The capacity to encourage others, in groups and individually, with understanding, sympathy, and positive guidance
- Exhortation – The capacity to inspire, to motivate and to encourage others in their spiritual formation and personal ministry
- Mercy – The ability to identify with and to feel the pains and hurts of another person and the capacity to help that person move beyond those pains and hurts
- Prayer – The ability to sense whom an for what to pray
- Prophecy – The capacity to receive, to reveal or to interpret God’s Truth, publicly, no matter what the consequences
- Wisdom – The capacity to convincingly illustrate the mystery of God’s truth in very concrete practical and specific ways
Not sure if this position is right for you? Take our spiritual gits assessment to learn your gifts.
Share This Group